PRECISION SERVICE & PUMPS INC. - "A GREAT PLACE TO WORK"
Do you love working in a fast paced environment, pushing yourself physically and mentally, and do you want to do rewarding, challenging work – but, you don’t know where to look.
You can stop searching.
We are Precision Service & Pumps Inc., a family business since 1992 proudly Canadian owned and operated. Located in Abbotsford, British Columbia, we provide exceptional, responsive service throughout BC, Western Canada, and the U.S. Pacific Northwest, we have even worked in Mexico and the Bering Strait, off the coast of Russia.
If you’re ready to take on a physically demanding, but highly varied and interesting role with a stable, well-known company, we want to hear from you.
POSITION: Shop Helper / Position OPEN
This is a full-time permanent position, working four, 10 hour days a week. We have lots of work, so many of our people end up working a fifth at full overtime rates, and you’re welcome to do so as well. We offer a starting wage range of $18-$25/hour commensurate with experience, as well as comprehensive benefits, RSP matching, tool and gear allowance, and lots of training that is fully covered.
It is important to note, that this is a hybrid role where you will be wearing many hats, meaning if asked you will be required to work in the field with our lead hands.
This is also a VERY physically demanding role. You need to be willing to undergo physical fitness testing, willing to work outdoors in all weather conditions, work out of town for up to three weeks at a time (if needed), and undergo occasional drug testing depending on client requirements
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license with clean driver’s abstract.
- Ability to drive a manual transmission vehicle.
- Must be physically fit and able to perform physically demanding tasks, including lifting and carrying heavy loads.
Considered an Asset:
- Forklift and TDG (Transportation Dangerous Goods) certified
- Basic First Aid
- WHMIS training up to date
POSITION: Well Pump Crew Helper / Position OPEN
This is an entry level position with an opportunity to learn new skills and progress towards a Certified Well Pump Installer designation.
We offer a starting wage range of $20-$30/hour commensurate with experience, as well as comprehensive benefits, RSP matching, tool and gear allowance, and no cost training.
- Use of hand and power tools to assist lead heads in the assembly, installation and repair of groundwater and wastewater pumping and distribution equipment.
- Driving service trucks to and from job sites.
- Loading and unloading service trucks.
- Minimum Expectation:
- Has Class 5 driver's license, with clean driver's abstract.
- The Capability to drive a manual transmission vehicle.
- The Capability to drive a 5 ton truck towing a trailer.
- Is physically fit and able to perform physically demanding tasks including lifting and carrying heavy loads.
- The Capability to work out of town and long hours.
- Is machanically inclined.
POSITION: Pump Repair Mechanic / Technician / Position OPEN
Water and Waste Water Pumping Equipment
This is a full-time permanent position, working a flexible 40 hour week. We offer a starting wage range of $30-$45/hour commensurate with experience, as well as comprehensive benefits, and training that is fully covered.
It is important to note, that this is a physically demanding role. You need to be willing to undergo physical fitness testing,
- Minimum two years’ experience overhauling and repairing water and wastewater pumping equipment and components, preference will be given to centrifugal and turbine pump experience.
- Aptitude and understanding for machining and tolerances
- Able to read and understand engineered drawings, manuals, and schematics.
- Demonstrate strong leadership and supervisory skills.
- Able to organize time and assets in an ever changing schedule.
- Class 5 Drivers License with clean drivers abstract, able to drive manual transmission
- Basic First Aid
- Attention to detail is imperative as is a keen desire to learn
Please send your resumes to: [email protected]
Make sure to clearly mark the name of the Position applying for on your resume